Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Daily Update

I finished IE lab 4 up to IGP tonight. Things certainly get more comfortable and faster every day. There were only three issues I ran into.

First, I showed I need to reread udld, specifically the spanning tree loop guard functionality.

Secondly, I need to make sure to read every single subtask. This is a trend that I continually see. I intend to put more effort into ensuring I complete every task once I complete lab 4, where it is recommended that I start seriously timing myself and preparing as if it were the real lab.

Finally, I fat fingered an IP address on a tunnel interface, which ate up about 20 minutes of troubleshooting. Then, to top it off, one of my frame-relay interfaces was acting up and, even though the show frame-relay maps were fine. I still needed to do a mass reboot to get everything responding fine. I wasted way too much time troubleshooting before I initiated the reboot, eating up another 20 minutes.

All in all though, I was happy with the results. I caught on to all the trickery and had no issues knowing what needed to be done, but some mistakes hurt me in the time to execute.

I'm looking forward to hitting the BGP and other portions tomorrow night.

No comments: