Friday, July 13, 2007

Lab 3 Complete

IE Lab 3 completed tonight. I learned I know nothing about RSVP and TCP intercept and could use some work on Multicast filtering. All in all, I feel lab 3 went pretty well though. My confidence gets a little higher with each lab. Unfortunately I was feeling a little burned out tonight.

My weekend is full so I probably won't get to lab 4 until Monday. Per the recommendations, I'm just going through lab 4 and spending a lot of time reading the docs and experimenting. Once lab 4 is complete, it's time to start taking things more seriously.

And then there's the issue that I still need to re-pass the CCIE written. I'm not in a hurry to retake this. For starters, the info I'm learning and finally understanding by going through the labs will help make the written studying go much better. Also, the written was recently changed to add IPv6 and MPLS. IPv6 is part of the written, so this shouldn't be a big deal. But I haven't even looked at MPLS since taking the Routing exam nearly 5 years ago. I'll probably just review and hope there aren't many questions on it.

No comments: