Monday, April 7, 2008

What to do next?

Bottom line, I'm torn. I know I have a lot to learn in a number of areas, but I'm not sure where to go next.

Do I go for a CCSP or CCVP? Or straight to the CCIE written in voice or security?
I'm a little reluctant to work on a second CCIE because I'd like to reap some of the benefits of the first one before working on the next.

My weaknesses in Security have shown over the past few weeks when I've missed little things here and there.

And then there's other non-Cisco options such as CISSP or Ethical Hacker. This summer I'm finishing a Master's in Computer Science, so I just don't think those two certs would matter much with a Master's and a CCIE.

Then there's always the thought of going for an MBA or a PhD in Computer Science. Neither seem too appealing to me at this time.

3 comments:

Computadores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

marko said...

Your employer will probably pay for the MBA, right? But would they pay for a PhD or some other certs? Education is so expensive these days, that's why I favor certs. I've got an MBA (years ago) and it doesn't do me much good.

CCIETalk.com said...

Wow must be nice! I am still working toward my first CCIE in R&S and plan on going for MBA after that :) Goodluck! Check out my blog http://www.ccietalk.com