Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back From Silence

I haven't posted much as of late. It's not because I didn't have a lot to say, that's for sure. A couple of months ago I got the itch for a career change. Fortunately, having a CCIE makes this relatively easy to do--recession or no recession.

If any of you out there are concerned about the occasional stories about how the CCIE is becoming worthless, let me assure you it is definitely not. Posting my resume on Monster yielded a barrage of opportunities.

After everything was said and done, I'm now working for Cisco Systems in RTP. Everything is going great and it's truly an excellent company to work for. Now I have the unusual experience of going from being one of the most knowledgable in my company to realizing I have a long way to go.

Long story short, my previous story of becoming board will not be coming to fruition any time soon.

No comments: