Monday, July 28, 2008

CCIE Service Provider Next

It's official, I'm definitely going for Service Provider next.

I'm considered studying for the lab first and then knocking out the written once I'm comfortable with the hands on, but I'm changing my approach.

I'm going to go ahead and knock out the CCIP first. This should put me well on the way toward passing the written. It's also a little more manageable to cover the material this way.

The first exam I'm going for is QoS, since there's a lot of overlap with R&S and I've had a decent amount of experience with it. I picked up the Boson ExSim test for the exam. I've always been pretty fond of Boson and have been using them for over 6 years. They have a heck of a lot of material, are inexpensive, have great explanations, and the questions cover the topics well without being too close to the real exam.

My strategy is as follows:
  1. Take a 20 question Boson practice test every day
  2. Review the DocCD on anything I miss
  3. Review Safari Books Online if I need further explanation of the topic
Since there are roughly 250 questions, I should be ready to knock out each professional level exam in about 2 weeks with this approach.

No comments: