Sunday, February 22, 2009

IE Vol2 Final Thoughts

I'm glad I took the time to go through this lab at a slower pace. More than anything, I got a LOT more comfortable with TE and Multicast, but I know I still have some work to do on QoS. I also listened to one of the QoS CoD's. I also found the MPLS QoS link, so I'll try lab 2 following the link to see if it goes any better.

The key here is, if the SP lab is similar to the R&S lab, this is as complicated as HALF of the lab will be. It would be impracticle for expect anyone to be able to pass an 8 hour lab if every single topic was covered to the nth degree. Instead, about half the lab is just going to be the basics.

So I know I'll be able to get something basic up and running. Over the next 9 labs, I just need to prepare for the curve balls that will be thrown at me. Aside from that, I think about the only completely new topic I haven't covered yet will be PPPoE, which on the downside, I hear can be a major pain.

No comments: