Monday, March 16, 2009

2 weeks out

I sit for the lab on March 30th, 2 weeks from today.

Thus far, I have completed the following:
IE Vol 1, all labs
IE Vol 2, labs 1-7 (4 and 7 were only partially completed)

At this point I feel pretty comfortable with most of the topics. I'm still a little concerned with the following:

MSDP - I just don't have the big picture on this yet
TE - I can get the tunnels up just fine now, but routing vpn traffic across the tunnel gives me problems
PPPoE - I just plain need more practice
AToM - Haven't touched it

My game plan is as follows:
Squeeze in labs 8, 9, and 10 during the week
Study SP scenarios during the week
3/21 - Repeat Lab 4
3/23 - Repeat Lab 7
3/28 - Whatever I need the most

The big thing I'm doing differently in studying for the SP lab vs R&S is I'm going slowly and banging away until I figure out the issues. I definitely like this approach better. But on these last 3 timed attempts, I'll need to do it like it's for real to help me decide which tasks to skip, etc.

1 comment:

Aragoen Celtdra said...

Hard to believe that it's been just over a year since you last passed your CCIE lab. Now you're on the cusp of breaking away from the rest of us. ;)

I have no doubt you'll do well on this exam, but good luck anyway ;)