Wednesday, March 4, 2009

IE SP Vol 2 Lab 3 Complete

I actually feel pretty good about this lab.

Sections 1 - 4 were pretty easy for the most part.
Section 5 was a tough vpn with two P ASs joined by vrf-lite. It turned out to be a great exercise which really boosted my confidence.
Section 6 was a bit over my head when I started, but I feel much better about mdt now. I think I have a pretty good idea what's going on and how to troubleshoot issues.

I'm feeling really good about QoS right now. Funny, I always seem to feel good about QoS yet I tend to get my butt kicked on the lab on this topic.

Security was something completely different. I think I understand how remotely triggered black holes work now.

System management was silly, and IP Services involved ORF, which while a new topic for me, was pretty easy to configure.

So, keeping in mind that I didn't enforce a time limit, I'd score myself about a 79 on this one, since I blew half the multicast and the whole QoS section. Still, not bad for a difficulty 8 lab.

No comments: