Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bottom Line

I'd say the score was pretty representative on how I feel about the blueprint right now. I'm really comfortable with the core and basic vpn topics and have an "I know I can make just about anything work" attitude.

But when it comes to advanced vpn topics, the configuration is more like a house of cards to me. I can play with it and eventually make it work, but then I'm kind of afraid to touch it and make it all fall down. I need to have the same level of confidence with advanced vpn topics as I do with the rest of the lab.

So I've decided to go back and do some reading. I'm still torn on scheduling an exam in August. Two months out would give me a month for reading and another month for labbing. I might as well go ahead and schedule it.

4 comments:

CCIETalk said...

Sorry to hear your result. I would say please book it now. I cant seem to find any date for R&S due to the blueprint change. Open Ended is coming to SP soon so ppl will rush on that one. Goodluck!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that,

By the way which kind of session do u need to practice,
And could you share some tips without breaking NDA.

Vignesh said...

Hello Ed,

I am really sorry to hear this. I would recommend to look at Antonio's small scale labs. They cover most of the left out topics of other vendors. Just review it before you go with full scale labs again.
2 months would be a time for you to comeback. I wish this time you will 2xCCIE.

Bill said...

I am sorry to hear the news.

Did the IP Expert and/or INE workbooks cover the majority of the topics? or did you have a situation where you saw topics you had never seen before?