Wednesday, June 3, 2009

IPExpert SP Volume 3 Lab 3

My work schedule changed a little bit so it was no longer convenient to rent rack time at proctor labs for the IP Expert labs. I had things going on the new IP Expert dynamips topology, but for some reason I just couldn't get dot1q trunking to work. I finally reverted to an older 3640 IP Expert topology, which seems to be working better.

Here we go with Lab 3

Layer 2 - No issues

IGP - No issues. Strangely, IGP seems to be getting more into R&S territory than what I'd expect to see on the SP lab.

BGP
-3 for confusing deterministic med and always compare med...AGAIN!!!
I also skipped task 1.4 for now since it can't be verified until a later section

Multicast
-3 for confusing multicast boundary with ip igmp access-group

Halfway done with this lab. While the architecture isn't much more difficult, the wording is getting tricker and more vague, which is great in preparing for the real thing.

No comments: