Thursday, June 11, 2009

IPExpert SP Volume 3 Lab 5

Layer 2:
-4 VTP version 2 is required for a transparent mode switch to forward VTP messages that have not been authenticated.

BGP:
-4 BGP Advertisement interval is different from bgp scan interval

MPLS:
-4 I need a better understanding on targeted hellos

VPN:
Lots of stuff going on here, but no major issues

VPN across non-MPLS core:
Well, as usual I was having issues getting this part working. I REALLY need to get this down before I sit for the lab. I found the underlying issue which was my label switch path was broken at the first intermediary AS router. No matter what I did, I couldn't seem to get it working. Then after WAY too much time troubleshooting, it dawned on me that I had a route map configured and have to set mpls labels on the route-map. Unfortunately once I did this the label still wasn't showing up in the forwarding table, even though it now showed up properly in the bgp labels. I tried to do a reboot and for some reason my configuration did not come back :(.

So I have to write this one off as a failure. I'll definitely need to repeat it before I sit on the 26th. I won't be getting much studying in the next few days because I have family visiting.

1 comment:

shivlu jain said...

when y are planning to have your lab.