Thursday, June 25, 2009

Squeezing in a little more

I went ahead and did IPX Vol 1 labs on l2vpn and multi-as vpn. I took my time with them and played around with some different configs as well.

I definitely learned some new things so I'm glad I did this.
  • To do a frame-relay xconnect, the first the "connect" command must be used from global configuration mode. This specified the dlci and underneath it the xconnect is created
  • When using multi-as vpn option 3, a three-deep label stack is created. In order: 1) ldp label 2) bgp label and 3) vpn label. The ldp label is used to forward the packet to the AS border router, the bgp label gets the packet to the downstream PE, and the vpn label associates the packet with the proper vpn. I never caught on to the fact that an additional label is used for the bgp label.
  • Along with sh ip bgp label, sh ip bgp vpnv4 all label shows the vpn labels.
Well, I think I'm as ready as I'm gonna get. I'm hoping for a good night's rest and some good news tomorrow night!

Incidently, the SP grading takes a lot longer than the R&S grading did. Last time I knew I didn't have a chance, so the extra wait wasn't bad. If I think I'm close, the suspense is gonna drive me crazy.